November 12, 2012

"Be Thankful" Fall Decor

As a continuation of my previous Fall Decor post, here are my latest ideas for a month filled with Thankfulness!

 The first images are of the banner I made for our mantel. Using burlap, I traced and cut out ten triangles to make the actual banner. I then traced circles using a candle lid (any small lid will work), cut them out, and used Martha Stewart monogram stencils and white paint to stencil the appropriate letters onto my circles. Using another stencil, I added a small detail around each letter. The letters were then attached to the burlap triangles with "glue dots"(found at any craft store)- this prevents any mess from regular glue. Each triangle was tied together by a small piece of twine. To separate the words "BE" and "THANKFUL", I just tied a small bow using orange ribbon and leftover twine.

Cutting burlap triangles and paper circles

Stenciling letters onto each circle

"BE THANKFUL", always.


These next images are of the "November Activity Jar" full of fun weekly activities! My husband and I came up with several small activities for weeknights and weekends, jotted them down on fun colorful paper, folded and placed them in a mason jar. I cut a small piece of orange fabric into a circle slightly larger than the lid, attached the fabric to the lid using a few glue dots, then placed the lid and the fabric into the metal band that screws onto the jar. I made a fun label using a pre- cut tag and twine. This is a fun activity for families of any size- great for kids too!

Lid and paper activities

Completed Activity Jar 

Lastly, these are our "Thankful Branches" to help us remember to be thankful everyday. Using  pre-cut labels from Michael's, my Husband and I are taking a little time each day to write down one thing we are thankful for. We each use one side of a tag. Then using twine, we hang them on branches I have placed in a large mason jar. I love this because it doubles as our dining room table centerpiece... we are able to see it every time we sit to eat and are constantly reminded of all the blessings in our life! This is another fun activity, doubling as beautiful fall decoration!

Thankfulness Labels and Branches

Centerpiece
Thanks for reading!! Have a Happy Thanksgiving and daily remember every little blessing! Don't forget to visit the website - www.tylerdrobinett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment