February 14, 2013

Crafty Valentines...

I've always loved Valentines Day, I especially love being crafty. Here are a few simply sweet Valentine ideas...

Encouragement Journal

Men love encouragement, so why not give them that gift each and every day! 


Sweet Treats Box

You can use any type of candy or food box you would like. I purchased a "take-out" box from Michael's. Use a cute tag to write a special note for your sweetie and attach it with nice string or ribbon. I cut strips of paper and folded them in half twice. On each strip I wrote a "Sweet Treat" (example: One Dinner and movie night of your choice). Once the paper was folded I sealed it with a tiny glue dot and attached a candy cutout on the front ( Candy cutouts are from the Martha Stewart Collection at Michael's, but you can also make yours). Once you complete your "Sweet Treats", place them in the box!
Sweet Treats Box

Sweet Treats- Folded paper and Candy cutouts


 Paper Wrapped Candy Bars

I did this for a tea party I held several years ago and loved it! Back then I used the Hershey's Chocolate bars with the silver wrapping. Unfortunately, they don't make them like that anymore... So I had to settle with the plastic wrap! I cut a piece of paper big enough to wrap around the candy bar and put a thin line of glue to attach the paper to itself on the back of the bar. You can also use thinner paper to wrap the entire bar like a package (I did this for the large candy bar seen on the far left side of the photo). Once you have wrapped your candy, you can decorate it however you'd like! This is a fun, affordable, and unique way to give a valentine to just about anyone!

Handmade Valentine Cards

These are pretty self explanatory. I LOVE making cards... you can use just about anything. I used a combination of old scrap paper from previous years, hand made cut outs, and a few new stick-ons I found at Michael's this year! The only rule is to have fun with it!



Thanks for reading!! Make sure to visit again soon for new creative organizing & decorating ideas!



No comments:

Post a Comment